About the OAA
The OAA is a regional association of professional, non-professional and student astrologers serving the astrological community in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each year from September through June, we offer a series of quality lectures and workshops given by well known professionals, practitioners and educators. Members are also invited to a number of social events during the year to promote camaraderie and community. We welcome all those interested in the study of astrology and look forward to seeing you at meetings and lectures.
The Oregon Astrological Association, a nonprofit organization, was initially planned at a breakfast meeting in Portland on November 20, 1982 at 07:55 a.m. The organization itself elected its first board of directors and set the first agenda for 1983–84 on July 29, 1983, at 8:30 p.m in Portland, Oregon. The official incorporation papers were submitted to the State of Oregon on August 1, 1983.
The mission of the Oregon Astrological Association is to promote investigation into astrology, which we define as “the correlation between celestial movements with events and conditions on Earth.” We strive to achieve our mission by:
- Promoting public lectures, forums, and classes.
- Providing information to the media which would encourage the fair and accurate representation of astrology.
- Encouraging dialogue among our members and with the public, regarding ethical application of astrological information, so as to protect both the public and the reputation of astrology.
- Serving as a unifying force for those interested in the study of astrology, and thereby fostering communication and fellowship.
- Helping to coordinate scientific research into planetary influences and correlations.
- Our interest in astrology is not simply for the sake of astrology, but for the betterment of humankind and the well-being of the planet.