The Oregon Astrological Association (OAA) is a membership organization whose mission is to promote astrology by bringing high-quality speakers and social events to our local astrological community.
Your $30 annual membership comes with many great benefits, including the following:
- A savings of 1/3 of the cost of all Friday night lectures and Saturday workshops, so if you attend events regularly, your membership pays for itself quickly.
- The ‘bring a friend discount’ which allows a friend that attends with you to enjoy the member price on Friday night lectures.
- Free listing for your astrological business on the Astrologer Database on the OAA website.
- Free promotion of your astrological event(s) in our monthly newsletter.
- Two OAA member social events each year (December and June) to provide opportunities for astrologers to mingle and talk astrology.
What you may not know, however, is that your annual membership extends beyond the direct benefits that come with it. You are actually a partner in all the work that we do. We depend on annual memberships; they are what keeps this organization running. Your membership is what allows us to bring top-notch speakers to our events, maintain the OAA website, and all the other behind the scenes work. Although OAA’s all-volunteer board receives no compensation, we are obligated to pay our speakers for their time, and we pay to rent the space for our events as well. While we charge admission to many events, it does not always cover the entire cost of the event. Your membership dollars make up the difference and allow us to keep bringing interesting and informative speakers and social events to our vibrant local astrological community.
Even if you’re not sure whether you can attend any events, your membership is still important and valuable to OAA and the community in general. It ensures we can keep offering events which make space for our local community to learn more about astrology and support our local astrologers and their businesses. It is not an exaggeration to say that without our members, the OAA could not do the work that it does. It’s a cliché, but it’s true: we couldn’t do this without you.
You can renew your membership at any OAA event (cash, check, or credit card), by mailing a check (PO Box 6771, Portland, OR, 97228), or through our website (credit card only):
If you have any questions about membership, please contact Tracy Thornton, our Membership Secretary and Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear your ideas, suggestions, and feedback about OAA. Please send your thoughts to Lauren Balin, President, at email@example.com, or any other board member. Board members’ contact information can be found here (scroll about halfway down the page).